Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
If you carry a complete weather station around with you while hunting you MIGHT have an advantage with the AMAX. I think that missing the call by 2 mph on the wind velocity might be about the same difference?

Lots of folks worrying about 2-3 inches of wind drift that can't tell the difference between a 5 and 15 mph wind..

Pick a bullet that shoots good out of your rifle, has a solid reputation of good on game performance and learn to run it. There are no magic bullets out there yet.

Great post from a great guy.

When it comes down to it, good terminal ballistics absolutely trumps a slight advantage in external ballistics.

Lotta wisdom in these comments IMHO......if my memory serves me correctly, there's a certain member here on the ' fire that probably has more trigger time behind the .280AI than almost anyone else..... Seems to me me he wrote quite a bit about the cartridge and also wrote the introductions about the AI cartridges in a few load data books.............IIRC, he's about filled a few arks with 120 NBT's.......... but then I might be wrong.............
YMMV,
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member