Peter King: �Vile� phone calls by Ted Cruz allies
By: Tal Kopan
September 26, 2013 09:26 AM EDT

Rep. Peter King, who has pulled no punches in criticizing Ted Cruz, said Thursday that supporters of the Texas senator have been bombarding his office with �vile� phone calls.

The New York Republican has called Cruz a fraud for his calls to defund Obamacare, and said the senator�s campaign this summer to get the House to pass a government funding bill that defunds the health care law led to some offensive phone calls to King�s office.

�The vehemence of the phone calls coming into the office. I don�t care, people can call me whatever they want � I haven�t heard such vile, profane, obscene language,� King said on MSNBC�s �Morning Joe� on Thursday.

King said while the majority of Cruz fans are �good people,� he�s concerned about what sentiments Cruz has preyed on. While he doesn�t know if Republicans can reach Cruz, they should try to �heal tensions� with his supporters, he said.

�I�m not saying Ted Cruz is responsible for all his supporters, but he has tapped into a dark strain here in the American political psyche here, and again, the most obscene, profane stuff you can imagine all from people who say they support the Constitution,� King said. �I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they�re following a false leader here.�

Link

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson