Hi ch312....

I don't know where you are (in Canada) but in these parts the price sounds about right. .22/.410 is the most common variation and they're popular as a grouse (and other small critter) gun.

When I was a kid, I used to use a borrowed 24 in .22/.410 and was never able to hit anything with the .410 barrel. As an adult, I decided to look for a .22/20ga and it took me a long time (~2 years) before I found one. (ended up buying from an online site based in ontario). The one in the pict is about the same vintage as mine (mine's a 1969), but mine is the fancier "deluxe" one. (checkered stock, nickel coloured receiver with engraving). ---see attachment---

Other years had the opening mechanism as a button in front of the trigger guard and a double (spurred) hammer for selecting the barrel instead of the slide button like the one in the pict.

If I remember right I think I paid $350 for mine a couple years back. I would want more for it now. I don't think 24's are hard to sell at all, so you could probably rid yourself of it easily if it isn't your cup of tea.

There's some reading for you on another site:

savage 24 page

good luck

Attached Images
811283-24dl_side_view4.jpg (0 Bytes, 7426 downloads)
Last edited by Brent; 04/06/06.