Originally Posted by Bitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There is one reason why I bought the Leica HD-B. They are made with a porro prism rather than a roof prism and that should be an advantage over the roof prism binoculars so prevalent today. I was hoping to get the quality of view with the Leica that I had with the Swarovision.

So did you find this to be true? Is the glass better than the EL Range, maybe as good as the Swarovision?

I haven't had the luxury of comparing Swarovision, side by side. I can honestly say that every time I would look through my Swarovision binoculars, I would get a good dose of the "WOW" factor. There are some that claimed there was a rolling ball effect with the Swarovision, but I never experienced that and I figure it is just operator error.

The EL range were not Swarovision and they were optically great, but not Swarovision. At this point I have been impressed with the HD-B, but I just can't say that the same "WOW" factor is there I noticed with Swarovision. I haven't had them through a hunting season yet to give it all the low light trials yet. I do find them very nice, but I also have a set of EL 8X32 that I use a lot and haven't used the HD-B enough yet to say thumbs up or down on the optics.

As compared to the Swarovski EL range, they give up nothing in that regard other than the EL is smaller. The rangefinding capabilities are a bit farther with the HD-B...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]