Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Scott F
I know the OP asked about gas but lump charcoal is in my opinion way better.

Room for both in my life and an offset smoker as well. Doing a lamb Gyro on the rotisserie last weekend on the propane worked well.

Doing Paella on the weber with lump at camp is an enjoyable hour of cooking amusement. ( Paella )

[Linked Image]

Couple of years ago the wife and I went shopping for a gas grill. We were prepared to spend around a grand if necessary to get something good (we're real serious about our cooking and entertaining.) We had an epiphany of sorts and came home with a Weber kettle style charcoal grill like this for about a hundred bucks and never looked back. I can not begin to tell you how much simpler it is to get really outstanding results. Also, no guessing about whether or not you've got enough fuel for a marathon session cooking prime rib, turkey, pork shoulder, or whatever might take a few hours. We will never go back to gas for outdoor cooking. If we want convenience, we've got a grill plate that covers two burners on our gas range. Works as well, takes up less space, and does just as good a job as a gas grill.

Mathew 22: 37-39