Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
However let me remind you that we are in a new era where politics butts up against the 2A - big time.

We are still in a significant shortage period of .22 lr's, sporadic 9mm, 40cal. and .45 ACP ammo, shortages of powder, primers, brass plus a whole host of factory ammo.....

I ask you, how many different cartridges are needed to humanely kill big game at 400 yards or less?

Wow. Are you saying the shortages are caused by politics?

As far as how many cartridges are needed, the answer is one, but so what? Are we all going to shoot .30-06's from now on? If Nosler can develop, market, and sell rifles in the new chambering (it'll sell) then why shouldn't they? Isn't that capitalism at its best?

Nice try. You left off the first senctence which gave encouragement to those excited about another new 26 cal. cartridge. I'm all for capitalism - 110%.

You don't think this last round of shortages was not the result of politics? You just can't watch CNN and MSNBC and call it news.

I credit Nosler for their willingness to tread out there on the edge of economic success. I guess there will always be those who like to chase the newest, bestest, flattest and hard hittenist cartridge out there. I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 11/29/13.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.