Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Roundup
Study nations that have avidly gone into "redistribution" of wealth. No one has their standard of living raised. In actual practice a vast majority of the citizens have their assets compressed to a lower level. The elite, political, or whatever, remains the same or more often have their standards raised substantially.

Gee, can we draw any parallels here? i.e. The old Soviet Union, Cuba, Zimbabwe, et al.

I believe the article indicates this is happening under capitalism now.

Sycamore

It's unavoidable, Sycamore. So few (here and elsewhere) understand what the meaning of "Structural Unemployment" really means for us, going forward. And,,,it's here to stay, no policies, etc. will EVER change it. That be fact.

A good read on similar to what you posted here at the onset was written a while back and is named "The Future of Work". By Jeremy Rifkin. Toffler's "Third Wave" is another. Scary schitt in a way.

This is gonna affect emerging folks even more so than us, places like China, India, etc. One example is a car/truck factory in India that employed 10,000 people. Built a new, modern, automated one right next to it that has 1200 employees and with 30% more output of higher quality roadies.

Then, there's always the old favorite read named "The Bell Curve". Problem with that book is that too few have the needed comprehension to read it and understand what the numbers within imply. The chasm between the haves and the have nots will only widen and deepen until another Huey P. Long comes along. Bammy is close enough on that one.

Good subject, Sycamore.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.