I have examined scores of Sakos, there was a serious collector hereabout for some time, years ago, when I avidly went to any gunshow I could. I have also shot quite a number of them and most WILL shoot, no question.

I bought a second type Finnwolf,in about 1976 and later gave it to one of my brothers. He beat it a bit and gave it back to me, sometime around 2003, IIRC.

I cleaned it up, loaded for and shot it and then gave it to the above guy's son, who shot his first deer with it. He, then decided to settle in Australia and gave me the rifle, again, as he could not take it there with him.

I sold it about a year ago, as I have been systematically selling off my guns as I have no heirs, had about 50 fairly highend guns and do not want them to be confiscated and destroyed by the RCMP, should I bite the dust while still in legal possession of any of them....this is the LAW in "liberal" Canada, nice, eh?

So, after all of that, I am not a major fan of Sakos. The older ones WERE VERY nicely finished, but, so were many other guns of their era and the vaunted Finnwolf, while "purty", was a heavy pig for a .308Win. and the stock was an angular club.

Each to his own, but, for the price of a "cherry" Finnwolf, in today's Canadian market, based on recent experience, I can buy a 95ish % original P-64 Mod. 70 Fwt-.270 and this is, IME, a FAR superior HUNTING rifle, which is what appeals to me. YMMV, of course.