I have a three screw .30 carbine Blackhawk. had one in new model form as well. I got tired of trying to get the empty cases back out of the cylinder on the New Model I had so I gave it to a buddy who wanted one. I found the three screw at a gun show and as the price was right, the gun was 99 percent and had the box and all the paperwork, I slapped down the $200 the guy wanted and it came home with me.
My take on using the .30 carb. Blackhawk took a different track with this latest acquisition. Rather than going the full blown carbine loads, I went to a cast bullet and 5.0 gr. of Unique. Now my 68 year old eyeballs ain't what they used to be, but from a sandbag rest, I can put five rounds into a group the size of a quarter at 25 yards, and can usually hit a rabbit in the head at 50 yards if he's standing still. Even a body hit doesn't tear up very much meat. Bullet is Lyman's #311316 cast from wheel weight metal. What was once a total PITA is now a favorite fun gun.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE