A local gun shop had several .30cal blackhawks a few years back..I bought one for $250.00..I gave it to pops and he mounted a leuy on it, he uses it for coyotes and such...BTW it belongs to him cause i couldn't hit a barn door with it....It shot about a foot high at 25 and the sights were out of adjustment..A scope was the fix...it'll put 6 in a big hole at 75 pretty easy......I didn't think it was any louder then a .357mag....

Robert....

It is not that the sights were out of adjustmant...the front sight blade is too low...had the same problem with my 3-Screw. I also put a Leupold 4 power on the gun using a Weaver no-drill mount but ended up having a smith mill the old ramp front sight off and putting a partridge blade on of the correct height.

The gun I have is a great shooter and just as accurate as any of my other Rugers...wheich is pretty accurate. Best load so far is the 90 grain Hornady XTP with H110 powder and a Winchester SR primer...bullet expands nicely.

Last year Brian Pierce had a great article in Handloader Magazine on the .30 Carbine Blackhawk...

Bob