Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Pete E
Rattler,

Why not drop an auto box in yours? At least you know its history..

Regards,

Peter

cant do it without heavy fab work.....between the inline 6 and the short wheelbase there isnt enough room...in order to make it work i would have to find a short V6 motor to put in it to give me extra room for the automatic transmission.....or loose 4WD by taking out the transfer case to make the room.....CJ5's are just to damn short with the 4.2L straight 6 like mine has....

Look for an XJ. Street legal, will go where you want it too in your state. Has a heater and AC. Most came with auto trans.

i had a 95 XJ , my first vehicle.....loved that thing, but gave it to my step daughter and she backed into a pole with the passanger door open eek it also had a manual......sold it to my next door neighbor and he fixed it up......much rather have a CJ or Wrangler.....totally impractical for here in the winter but lots of fun spring summer and fall.....

Well my 98 TJ would be just what you need, but not for sale. My 06 Rubicon is my DD when not in the truck.
98 has the fiberglass top. It might rain someday down here. Really good thing about it is that Jeep came with the D-44 and not the 35-C axle. Stronger, doesn't break as easy. Auto also, but old 3 speed, I think the next year Jeep went to a 4 speed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~