WCH,
As I've posted before, I use my 375H&H for everything from coyotes to elk. I'd post pics but this site is a pain to post film prints in, no scanner. As mentioned before I have hunted with the same rifle/load combination since 1996. 260 grain Nosler Partition in front of 69.0 grains RL15 with a Fed 210 igniter during warm weather and switch to Fed 215 when I hunt in cold temps. She's flying at 2650fps out of my barrel and it's a pleasure to shoot. Recoil is around a full case load 06 180gr. In my rifle this load will print clover leaf groups. I have three scopes for her in Talley QD Rings, one a VXII 1-4 & the other a VXII 4-12AO LRD & 2.5-8. The rifle looks better with the 1-4 so it is on there most days unless I want to play with long range shooting then I switch to the 4-12. That is the only time I jump the loading up also just to reach out a little farther and pretty much have the same trajectory of a 06 with a 180 grain bullet. Recoil is still easy to manage but it is heavier, 72.5gr RL15 same bullet. Thought about going to the 260 AccuBonds for distance but I haven't yet.

I look at the 375's as a large 30-06 and use it as such. It's still a medium bore and have found it to be a real pleasure to hunt. When hunting deer & elk it's just plain and simple a killer. Some say it's to much? Dead is dead and I don't see any difference in killing power when shot through the lungs than a 300 WM. The soft front of the Nosler Partition seems to open up by looking at the wound channel but honestly no animal has caught one yet. But I'm not a shoulder shooter so the ribs, heart, & lungs just don't stop this bullet. Now on coyotes I don't believe it expands nice hole in and out, but they crumble where they stand, most times. With no massive hide damage if you keep the hides.

If you are trying to justify using the big medium bore, I don't think you can, but if you decide to hunt her I think you will like it. Do you need a 375 to hunt in North America, Nope I don't think so! She does nothing that a good 30/06 or 300 magnum won't do.

Ya see it's been easy for me to use the 375H&H since it is the only rifle I have had from about 2001. With the exception of a 7mmRM which I bought to prove a point in LR Shooting with a friend of mine. I had that rifle for about 6 months then sold it. I guess it's really time for you to figure this out for your self now. You just need to load her up and hunt her. Trust me, she will do ANYTHING that you ask of her with the right bullets from mice to elephants!