I don't know, but everyone wants one. Late '70s and '80s, I did the gun show thing. Bought and sold guns and knives to pay college expenses for my trio of young ladies.

I never understood why, but I never took a .375 or a .458 to a show that did not sell. I think it is to do with macho man. Most of us have at least a mild case. I only recall selling one to a guy that was actually headed to Africa. He was already booked and was willing to give asking price for a pre-64.

I did get busted by a friendly LGS who had sold me lots of them at nice prices. He came to a show one Sunday afternoon and saw me sell a pre64 M70 at 500 over what I had given him a couple of weeks prior. Prices at his shop went up. Good while it lasted.

I shot only two while I had them. A 70 as above and a Browning Safari (long extractor) that I was considering keeping. I had no trouble grouping both well on paper, but that is way more recoil than I cared to tolerate for a deer, even from a standing bench. Decided that if Africa or Kodak came my way, I would buy one, then sell it upon return.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero