Originally Posted by 40O
To all the armchair economists/piss ant capitalists who are talking about the �new price� for .22lr ��- if and when Cabelas, Brownells, midway, Basspro, Sportsmans, Wallmart and all the rest start selling it for 10 times what it cost last year that will be a market correction. What we have now is a bubble caused by people with part time jobs at such places arranging for their family and friends to be on hand to purchase all the .22lr so they can resell it at gouger prices. You ask me what is right/proper/fair? Let the manufacturers, middle people and big box stores raise prices and sell .22lr for what you gougers are trying to sell if for, let the profit flow to the real capitalist. Done and done.

P.S., I�ve got about 3000-4000 22lr on hand, but I also have three kids that just hit shooting age in the last couple of years. We were going to take the kids to the Appleseed shooting event last November, but decided not to because it would use up 1000-1500 rounds. (Two of the kids have already gone. My middle daughter is looking forward to her first time). We talk about needing to get kids into shooting, well .22lr is the primary introduction for the next generation of shooters. (Think Kant's categorical imperative).

Bottom line, the gougers are not capitalist, sportsmen, or anyone I�d like to hang around. Hell, most of the people involved don�t have jobs, how else could they arrange to be at the store when the shipments come in!
I agree with this for the most part. If $60 a brick was the new price, then the retailers would be selling it for that. They are not, just the gougers.