Originally Posted by jackmountain
American Rifleman show is on with a 30 min. Program about Melvin now. Inside look at NULA. Seems like an honest, decent, hard working entrepeneur to me. Sometimes there are business decisions that have to be made in order for your product to be both profitable and widely accepted and useable by a broad spectrum of consumers. For MOST folks, the twist rate will work fine. For MOST folks the CM bolt wont be an issue either. I talked to him earlier in the week about getting my Colt Light Rifle worked on, and was very impressed with the amount of time he took out of his busy schedule to discuss what will be a very low profit job for him. Free market economies are great... we have the choice to spend our money where we choose and benefit from a competitive market by getting quality, innovative products at a relatively cheap price. If you like the specifications of the Kimber better, buy one, if you like the specs of the Forbes, buy it. If you like neither, you can put a custom gun together to your personal preferences for not much more than either one.

Not many guys on here are going to be satisfied with any production gun out of the box, but the forbes looks like a good starting point if you like lightweight, abuseable hunting rifles. Me, Im starting with my Colt that I picked up dirt cheap and for another1200.00 im getting a quality barrel of my choosing, trigger, stock and bedding and the action slicked up so for a few hundred more than a forbes Im getting a gun to fit my needs.... If the Colt wasnt available, I could live with the forbes.

For those same folks, the 8" twist for 6mm would still work fine, AND it would work for those who want to go the VLD way. So why not?