I've been thinking about my Dad lately. He died 3 years ago on opening of Texas deer season. He was 82 and had hunted since 1956. His original and only rifle for a while was an Enfield sporterized 30-06. He used Sierra's in the beginning but he found them too soft for his liking. He read all he could and decided to try the 150gr Interlokt. Worked like a charm.

He used that bullet until he built a 7x57 by hand and then decided the 139gr Interlokt would be the perfect mate...and it was. He killed his second truck load of deer with that gun and combination. Sometime around his early 50's he built a nice .308 mannlicher on a '98 action...and used the 150gr again in Hornady guise. Shot his 3rd truckload of deer w/that .308 and I stupidly sold it to a forum member from the Metroplex. By the way...if you are that member I'd like to buy it back.

When my Dad turned 60 he built his last rifle on a Mauser action in 257Ackley Improved. He never hesitated...a Hornady 117gr 25 caliber Interlockt got the nod. His last 10-12 years he kept killing large west Texas/ pan handle whitetails until his health declined to the point he could no longer make the trip. He use to tease me about shooting BT's but it was all in fun. I know if he was still here today he would be shooting the Hornady's in whatever caliber and killing those whitetails stone cold dead. powdr