Originally Posted by DaleAtkerson
I know the guys At tbe gun shows you are talking about. They buy blanks by the dozens and the cheap a$$ one size fits all sheath and advertise "handmade knives". I've even heard them go into the whole routine of grindimg amd heat treating. Now thats somethimg to get pissed about. It does not represent a well built custom. Amd they sell them for $150. Vince is not even close to the same catagorie. He has never pretended to be any thing more than a hhandle put r on r. We know that and we dont care. Vince is a major supporter of the knifemaking commumity and if we choose to.support him than why do you give a chit. Amd it seems that china is the big stick in your craw. Why domt you get ahold of all the former American made knife companys that are now outsourcing to China. Buck Scharade Uncle Henry ect ect. Give them a piece of you self righteous mind. Hou are not educating or impresaing anyone here other than yourself. I personaly don't agree with every thing I see but if it doesn't hurt or effect me, I keep myouth shut and move on. Why don't hou try it sometime you'll be a better person for it.

You can go to Kniveshipfree.com RIGHT NOW and buy small Bark River or HESS knifes made TOTALLY in the US for $100(Hess Caper) or a Bark River Little Creek for $123 shipped. DOZENS of handle materials at that price, too.

100% US made. American craftsmen building them AND the sheaths they come with. And, since they actually are PROUD of what they build- they actually MARK the blades with their name.

Neither company hails from New York ,though.. which should tell you something.