Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Just curious as to why you gentlemen that have had bad, and misrepresented dealings with Mark didn't come out previously and make this known to the campfire community?

Here is a link... Read all responses.. or as many as you can stomach.

Would seem some members posting on that thread owe other members an apology.

I just had to go and read 18 pages to see how big of an arse I would feel like....thankfully, I excersised my 5th on that thread.....that said, I have dealt with mark in person and he drove to meet me on a pistol deal. the deal went well, although he was late by an hour or two, I used some of the cash that i brought to make the deal to buy myself and my guest dinner. when he showed, i felt like a heel because I shied him on the price we agreed upon to buy my dinners.....we are talking $30 on a $750 deal. he was noticeably dissapointed.....but understood. we had some dialog about life and how his divorce was treating him...yada yada.

that was my one actual transaction with him. in the time since then.....and this was many moons ago, I have recieved many PM's from him asking about my own well being and offering an ear during my own divorce. we have spoke about hunting, kids and many life trials and mark has offered to help me out without payment....I can easily assume that I am not alone in that he has warmed up to some members here, I am not a wealthy man, especially at the time he nad I met, I was driving a wore out toyota at the time and had just come off a 12 hour shift welding and took on a 100 mile drive to meet him.....so I know money wasnt his motivation to be kind to me.........that said,

I am truly sad for those whom have been dog piled on here, I can see how easy it would be to defend someone who has treated them well. I actually feel very sorry for mark, this place has been that last little bit of his dream, where reality can be altered just a fuzz to fit better into ones tolerance. I believe that he has had a pretty charmed life that was revoked and sent him back to the realization that life is not certain and wealth earned overnight can be lost equally as quickly. I know the money I handed hime was to buy a new washer and dryer, hardly a romantic yarn about an african safari as I expected, just a humble answer.....and in the time since then, life has likely handed slightly less every day to the personaly wealth pit than it used to, age has taken some of the last bits of mobility and reality of being someones grandpa who lives on a low to mediocre income has been his own personal fight. I can see how, understand how and feel sympathy twards....but I cannot defend it.

Mark, you have earned respect from me in the past based on your actions. the evidence is mounting against you and if you cant come up with some compelling retort, may I suggest a sincere apology and lock yourself out of the classifieds untill you can get a grip on the fact that we are all men who value another mans word.....for in the end, we will only be remembered for the work we did and the word we kept.

good luck with life, it appears you have some repairs to make.
Greg

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.