Originally Posted by n8dawg6
atta boy Mrs. Tide! thats kind of interesting, I didn't know they did a heavy barrel 270 wsm.

I don't think they catalog it anymore, like I mentioned I bought it on closeout.

She was looking for a heavy barreled setup in a light kicking cartridge just north of a 243. I was looking for a 25-06, honestly, but wasn't having any luck locating one at a price I could stand to pay at the time.

I ran up on the 270 WSM and decided it was close enough for government work, so to speak. There was, and maybe still is, some discussion as to whether the WSM round is any better than the WCF round, but it didn't matter for my purposes.

I don't know how many deer she has taken with it, but I've taken a couple, and Tide Jr. killed one with it during the 2012 season. I also bumped off a feral donkey with it one season, using the 110 grain TTSX. It worked like a lightning bolt, BTW.

That rifle has dings, scratches and other hunting marks, but she still reaches for it when she plans to get serious about bumping off a deer.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis