Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Can't say what Ted Nugent did or didn't do back in the day.

but I do know this, the concert he played at the Ampitheater on Chicago's southside that I was at circa '77-78, hell he didn't need to inhale to get high, all you had to do was breathe.

great show, came flying off those stacked up Marshall amps on some wire harness playing Stranglehold.

also saw him up here with the Damn Yankees during or after the Gulf War when he'd take the effigy of Saddam Hussein and shoot it with arrows, ridiculous to me, but they were a good band.
I'm not an eyewitness to the events but...it sure smacks of an opportunist more than anything. In the late seventies when he did the High Times interview, the country's youth was still VERY anti-military and statements about dodging the draft because he had better things to do were a lot more acceptable to his then-audience than they are now when his demographic has totally changed.

IMO he was a semi-successful rocker who had the litany of paternity suits, divorces and what-have-you that come with the lifestyle. He had some non-typical for Rockers, hobbies and likes and combined these with changing social attitudes to become a moneyed spokesman for pro-freedom causes. He was about bankrupt when he embarked on this second career. In order to appeal to some of the apologists that are exemplified on this thread, he had to change his history. JMO.

JMO is accurate...I don't see the man as unsuccessful.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.