I used to not pay to much attention years ago to the ol 8x57mm Mauser but had a definate love affair with the ol 7x57mm Mauser and then one day a few years backI picked up an ol k98k battle iron at a local auction and made up a few cases from old military 30-06 brass and one day we were shooting at an old white real estate sign up on a hill 800 yards out in some freshly tilled up dirt and as one man would shoot the other would watch his bullet strike and even with the ol mauser battle sights it was rather DAMNED amazing how close one could come to putting a tag on the sign 800 yards up the side of that hill,and as time has gone by Ive sold my 30-06 rifles and ammo and I now have a small fleet of 8x57 mm rifles and I guess all I know how to say about it is DAS Mauser ah dat german engineering the ol 8x57 mauser as good as it gets.

broken bones broken heart stripped down an torn apart a lil rust but Im still runnin countin miles countin tears twisted roads and shiftin gears year after year its all or nothin Im not home and Im not lost just holdin on 2 what I got...God and Guns