I am ordering one of the Nikon 3-9x40 ERF scopes from Optical Planet. The Nikon optics are top notch. I do really like the Leupold compact (now ultralight) for my cf rifles to keep the weight down. I have Nikons on a couple big bore guns, where I like the added weight. On my XXII I use a light 2-7 Leupold.

The Nikon is not for light weight. I dont picture any of the 4-12 or big 3-9 for serious walking around. I want the 'fun' of a big (big to me) scope on my current 22mag. I only shoot that close to home.

These are on sale, $150:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-prostaff-target-efr-3-9x40-rifle-scope.html

I like what RH recommended for rings because I plan to move this scope around and like idea of the protection for this scope. I just changed my order. Burris Zee uses plastic ring inserts. Other wise I was going to cheap out on Weaver Grand Slam. I dont think there is a metric Grand Slam. I though I read someplace that some of the CZ were 3/8? Maybe the all 452 are the same, is that 11mm? I dont have a CZ rim fire. Anyway, incase you did not know about the plastic inserts. FYI. Not as much pretty as functional.

I believe Nikon is lifetime. I know you cannot beat Leupold for warranty.