Add me to the list of those who would avoid the small Italian replica. I can't put too fine a point on it, but it takes more than nostalgia or "cool" to get me to part with my $$ for a firearm; I'm a shooter first and foremost. I can't say anything bad about the rifles from any personal knowledge or experience, but the Sharps was a transitional design and does need parts like the lever spring and firing pin from time to time, and I'd worry about continuing availability.

I'm quite happy with my Japanese 1885s, and I consider them attractive as well as functional, although there are those who consider it an abomination that they are not exact replicas of the original Browning 1885 design. To each his own. Not all Browning/Winchester 1885s are the same, and it matters depending on choice of sights. The modern versions, at least some of them, have a short tang that isn't drilled and tapped for a tang sight. Varying barrel thickness may create issues with mounting modern scopes - height of the front mount.

In choosing between one of these, and a Shiloh, it depends too on choice of chambering. Shilohs aren't offered in modern chamberings, or .22 LR.

I believe there is a pent up demand for certain single shots, but the manufacturers haven't seen it as a viable market. I would jump all over an 1885 made by Shiloh, and many have wished Ruger would make a No. 1 in .22.

Meanwhile we take what we can get. Mini- Sharps? Cute, but no thanks.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 04/02/14.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.