Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I can understand them not allowing folks to carry their service weapon around full time - been there and understand it. What I can't understand is that they won't allow soldiers who have qualified for concealed carry on the civilian side as well as qualified in weapons on the military side to carry concealed on base.

For heaven's sake, at least let guys licensed for concealed carry in the state the base is in carry ON THE BASE!!

And the big thing I note again, is that yet another mass shooting occurred where the shooter has been on anti-depressants. And the media is silent. Not even talk about looking for a link. Is it the anti-depressants causing it, or is it just very likely that folks who do this crap will already be on them?

What advantage is there for a soldier or Marine to have to have a CCW before they can carry their service handgun on base?

None, to the lawful and the just. Plenty to the unlawful and the government.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.