In 2000 when I ordered mine they were just over $2000, with the Custom Safari a couple hundred dollars more. FWIW it took 9 months to get the .375 and exactly one year to get the .30-06, even though both were ordered at the same time.

My candid opinion is that they weren't worth it then. Not that they were crap, they were great rifles - the actions were smooth as silk and that .375 would honestly feed a full magazine of empty cases. The .375 was also exceptionally accurate, I fired many sub-MOA 4 and 5 shot groups and even picked off two ground squirrels at a measured 200 yards with it, they were cavorting in a suicidal manner on the 200 yard berm of our range. The barrels were cut rifled by K&P barrels IIRC, that was a barrel making company started by an employee of HS Precision.

But when I say they weren't "worth" it, at that time someone could have built the same rifle for about $1400 or maybe $1500; custom barrel, McMillan Supergrade stock, nice sights, "honed action" - if you could have found the LH SS actions. Winchester only made production lefties in SS in the first year of LH production which, again IIRC, was in 1996. But they did have a bunch of SS actions held back for the custom shop, that's why I had to order mine through them.

I remember calling Black Sheep Sporting Goods up in North Idaho back around late '96 or early '97 asking if they had any LH blued Model 70 Sporters in .30-06 - "no, sorry. We do have LH stainless ones in .30-06, .270, and .375 H&H if you want one." Me - "No thanks, I'm looking for a blued one."

Yeah, I still kick myself about that... cry

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!