You are asking a question on if a 6x will be good for you, not giving information as to your type of calling terrain. If you are hunting in thick brush were 50-65 yard shots are long shots, then 6x may be too much. If you hunt in terrain with scattered brush and 125 yds is a long shot, you are border line good with 6x.

If you are hunting in open terrain, with scattered trees and brush, you are probably good to go.

6x trying to pick up a coyote coming in on a hard run at 35 yards will be on top of you in 2 seconds and the shot will be taken at 15-5 yards. Chances are you will be taking this shot after he has seen or winded you on his way back out with his after burners on...difficult indeed.

I would take a 2-8, 3x9, 3.5-10, 3-12 over a fixed 6x anyday. It is always great to have options.

I hunted coyotes all over the West and Mexico for years. I tried every type of scope on the market for flexibility. We hunted in all kinds of terrain from close in brush to the wide open areas of N. Nevada and farm areas in S. Arizona.

My favorite scopes for all applications are the old Burris signature 3x-12x, 4-14 Leupold, and the 4x16 Bushnell.

Coyote rifles are also crow, jackrabbit, and rock chuck rifles.

I tried the 1-4,1-5, in close quarters, but in those situations, I was better served by a 12ga with 3" mag #4 buck. When the coyotes get in real close, they are hauling azz from seeing/smelling you or your partner or your tracks. When a coyote has the afterburners on at ranges of 45 yards and less, a full choke 12ga with #4 buck is a hands down winner every time.

In the mid 80's, we had some terrific number of coyote hunters in the S. Ca. area. On a State Hunt, there were as many as 300 hunters or more leaving check out to go and hunt. The Leupold 3.5x10 was the scope that dominated in the teams. In those days hunting in Mexico, we would get as many as 56 animials on a weekend competition hunt, with many teams getting 30-50 animals, all kinds of distances an terrains were encountered.

I knew all the top contenders that would represent the top 20 teams and you would not ever catch a fixed power anything on one of their rifles. We all met at the rifle ranges(few as they were), talked of guns, loads, etc. In all teams that were in the top 20, the Leupold 3.5x10's and some form of 3x-9x were on most all the guns, and when Leupold came out with the 4x14, about 40-50% of the teams switched to it, or at least on their back up rifle.

Terrain has a huge impact on the scope that you choose, along with your particular ability to pick up moving targets.

It is just a hobby, so enjoying playing around with what could be right for you and your hunting terrain.

Good luck