Again, the type of terrain that you hunt will have a lot to do with your likes and dislikes. I wish that guys would say I hunt in xyZ type of terrain and xyz scope power works well for me.

Back in my competition days, we carried a "novice" hunter with us once a month on non competition hunts to introduce them to predator calling. It never ceased to amaze me just how different people are in their hand eye coordination in how they can pick up animals in a scope, no matter what power the scope is set on. Just a general observation that guys that had been involved in shot gun shooting sports seemed to pick up aniamls very quickly in the scope. I carried a 22/250 Rem 700 for the novices and kept the scope power screwed down on 3x(3.5x10 leupold).

Talking about, "I like this, or I like that" kind of scope is worthless conversation unless you mention the application(type of terrain) that the scope is used in. The hunting in S. Dakota And Wyoming is a lot different than the hunting in S. Arizona. Also, East and West Washington State are different types of calling terrain, etc...you get the picture.

I don't meant to step on anyone's toes, but a lot of novices read these threads and take the info to heart. So, help a guy out and tell him the conditions you are hunting in, many will appreciate the information.