Originally Posted by captchee
Just because the BLM manages the land , doesn�t mean its federal land . Same with the USFS .
Here in Idaho we have state land that�s managed by the USFS and BLM .

I have wondered the same thing Ethan .
Just because the a court has ruled it legal to confiscate , does not give then the right to destroy.
Seems to me they could sell against a debt but that also would give the person the right to purchase or agree to repay against that debt .
I also find it rather odd that the whacko animal rights groups aren�t all over this for animal cruelty.
The fed is chasing heifers during a time when they are caving . Which would cause premature births , separation of young from their mothers. Even deaths from exhaustion.
After all wasn�t it just a couple years ago that it was all over the national news when dairy workers were filmed abusing dairy cattle here in Idaho . Now those same groups are screaming about laws being passed to make it illegal for them to fill without an owners consent . Why are they not down there filming this ?

As to wild cattle . If the cow has yet to carry a brand , then it ferial and without claim . Just like the wild horses . There are laws and processes that the Fed have to go through before they can kill the wild horses . Why would the cattle not be the same .?
No mater how you cut this , what is being done is illegal and both state and federal laws have to be aloud to be broken in order for it to happen
I agree with everything you've said here. I'm just saying that the government doesn't even seem to be making a pretense of doing things legally let alone right. I thought about saying something about the humane angle as well and you are spot-on on that.