Originally Posted by T_O_M
That's good to know. I like staying abreast of jeep stuff. I haven't had one since '07 but if I could find the right used TJ I'd do it again.

Well, I passed on the locker-less 2013 Nissan the dealer offered me which was the motivation for the original question. Instead I have a 2014 Tacoma due in about a week which has the factory e-locker so I don't have to worry about these hypothetical questions unless I decide I need something extra up front. I don't really see wheelin' the piss out of this thing but sometimes after pulling off the side of the road to go call coyotes in the sage, a locker to get me back up out of the ditch proves to be better than waiting for help to tug on the end of the strap.

Tom

If you've got the money for a front locker you've got the money for a winch mount bumper and a winch - in my opinion, a lot more valuable than a front locker. US Offroad doesn't have the winch mount bumper available for the '12+ yet, but they will be available soon. I'm having one installed on my son's '07 next week:

http://usoffroad.us/store/winch-mount-bumpers/winch-mounts/tacoma-winch-bumper

I'll post pics when its done.

I'm first inline for the '12+ when available and will have one installed on my '12 when available ( few months).

David