Originally Posted by dhg
Originally Posted by Boxer
A gritty-schitty CZ 223 twisted 1-12",is a huge bet to lose and an easy Goat [bleep] to pass upon...from any/all angles.

Pass the Montucky 223 and hold the fluff.

Hint.

Dude, i have no idea what you just said, but if you believe carnal relations with a goat from all angles is easy i would kindly suggest you have not fncked enough goats. Which surprises me.

FWIW, the new 53gr V-max makes 1:12 my preferred twist in a straight .223 again. You are going to have to go up to a 70gr bullet to get a significant improvement in BC, and the small improvement in BC can't compensate for the 500fps you have lost - at least not at any range a .223 can be relied upon to kill at.

CZ527, Lapua brass, 53gr V-max and about 25gr of Benchmark - that is the answer to your question.

Allow me to translate Stick's carefully worded post for you.

The CZ is rough as guts, the 1 in 12 twist is fine for 50gr to 55 gr but is twisted too slow for the projectiles you will be wanting to use if you are twisting knobs and shooting beyond 300 yds....this makes the CZ very easy to pass up.

So a Montana would be more to Stick's liking.

I do not necessarily agree as I have the facility to drive or walk closer to what I want to shoot and am quite happy with using a CZ in .223 with 50gr projectiles, but for those like Stick that enjoy shooting at distance the gist holds true.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.