Originally Posted by luv2safari
Why should ranching businessmen back Bundy? The Association members pay what they owe for grazing and do a good job as stewards of the range.

These guys are almost all conservative Republicans. They work with the BLM for a healthy range, but there is no love lost. grin

They shouldn't in deed. But, I bet they do in sprit.

Bundy paid his fees just fine until they took his livelihood with the stroke of a pen. Over a tortoise.

Bundy was Hannity tonight and they asked him about that. He said he had not gotten a bill from BLM in 20 years. I tend to believe that. From my workings with BLM they don't accept fees when they consider you in trespass. He was considered in trespass since 1993. I believe the monies owed are trespass fines, and not grazing fees. The BLM said they would fine him back then. That is probably what the monies owed are. BLM would not give him further legal hold by accepting grazing fees they consider him in trespass with to begin with.

I think there is a miscommunication by calling the fines "grazing fees". But he did continue to use the land and he does owe the fines, unless a court rules otherwise.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!