Originally Posted by taylorce1
Well looks like it's going to probably be an LS, Kubota, or John Deere. That's the three compact tractors sold within 30 miles. I really like the idea of parts support that close.
Give them all a test run at the dealer, if you can. Check all for ease of loader operation. Find out hydraulic pump capacity. Inspect the 3-pt hitch for sturdiness (THAT was one thing that kept NH out of the running for me at the time), compare the front axles for strength (another blow to NH via JD), compare the ease of maintenance access (oil changes, filter changes, zerk fittings) etc..

Maybe the others have this as well, but I do like the Quicktach option on the JD. It makes the changing of implements on the back a snap - taking only a minute or two to accomplish.

Note diesel tank capacity - most probably have enough to run the machine a full day w/o refueling, but check anyway. When you're on board, note how controls, seat adjustment etc., fit you and if you're comfy with all positions..

Finally, let us all know what you end up with and what triggered the decision.. Best wishes.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!