Hmm, I'd never thought about it that way. Not disagreeing with you, just perspective, it takes me about 60 seconds to set my Harrell's measure and then I can just throw powder, no scale, no funnel. The Lyman #55 I used for many years definitely took longer, but once they're set, they're very fast. Now I just use the Lyman to throw pistol charges - currently set to 11 gr. Unique for cast loads in various rifles. I have seen photos of pistol cases carefully filed to dip specific powders with a wire handle soldered on - basically the DIY Lee dippers. For some reason I just don't trust dipping for powder without weighing - it seems to inconsistent to me, and I've run my measures through enough testing to know that they are within .1 gr. of my desired charge when set correctly and used in a consistent technique and rhythm. To each their own - it's always good to know multiple routes to the same destination!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile