I bought a bare Remington 700 Action from Brownell's in 2012 and built it into a custom swap barrel rifle. It came with the new X-Mark Pro trigger, which was removed first and replaced with a Jewel. I was planning to use the X-Mark Pro trigger on something else, at least until the recall. So what to do.

First I found that JARD manufacturer's a kit to replace the OEM parts in the X-Mark Pro trigger.

http://jardinc.com/index.php?option...n&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=35

I ordered the Part Number 2182, 11oz. Rem X Pro V Trigger Kit, Silver and a spring kit,

Part Number, 1058 9oz. Model V, 24oz. Model H, 2lb Model XH, which gives me three different pull weights to experiment with.

When the parts arrive I will proceed to soak the X-Mark Pro trigger in Methylene Chloride solvent which will dissolve any epoxy, dry it with compressed air and disassemble. An alternative would be to dissolve the epoxy with Jasco's Premium Paint & Epoxy Remover, both available from paint stores or Amazon. I use these products to soften or remove epoxy bedding when it adheres to metal where it isn't supposed to without damaging the finish. Methylene Chloride will dissolve most rubber gloves, so use pliers to handle the parts.

Then it should be a simple matter to install the replacement parts and adjust the trigger as instructed. I have an old Canjar 2 oz trigger on a Wichita Silhouette Pistol for a test mule.

So for about $86 I may be able to salvage a reject trigger and modify it into something useful, if not, oh well.