Originally Posted by jorgeI
Or skip all that mad-scientist chemistry stuff and just buy a good rifle, like a Model 70... smile

OMG NO!!! Have you seen what they did to the Model 70? Three intoxicated engineers designed the latest bunch to answer questions that hadn't been asked for reasons nobody knows, and they even contain ergonomics and the Triple Zero Advantage! Not just zero advantages but triple zero advantages, didn't they learn three times zero is still zero? Then there is the new MOA Trigger. What's that? Made Over in Asia? My Model 70 has the good old trigger that looks funky but works perfectly. They say the new trigger will deliver 1" groups at 100 yards, but I don't deliver groups, groups aren't pizza or Chinese food, ya all shoot them. Then they tout the three position safety. Hell everybody can have that same safety, even got one on my Siamese Mauser. For a few bucks they sell 'em for many rifles. So, Ill stick with Savages that appear to be made from parts that resulted from a hardware factory explosion, and Remingtons that are really great rifles just as soon as you throw away the crappy stuff and add on the good stuff. Remingtons are like ear corn, husk 'em and strip off the silk, then prepare to taste. How I miss the old days.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 04/16/14.