Originally Posted by ltppowell
I was referring to the incident. Nobody but idiots would get in a situation like that.

Dunno. I can't say it's a smart thing to do, but I can't see any other path for Bundy in which he would still be ranching in 2014. Follow the court orders and he'd have had to sell out because 150 head isn't enough to keep ranching. Fight in court with great lawyers and he'd have had to sell out to pay the lawyers. Couldn't keep paying the lease since I'm sure the BLM wouldn't have accepted payments until he reduced his herd - after which he'd have been out of business.

Reminds me a bit of the folks who bought the lot to build a house on but then the EPA declared it a wetlands despite there being no water. Smart people would have cut their losses and sold. Only an idiot would have fought the EPA in a process where the only legal appeal was through the EPA - but they did and they finally won.

A lot of our history was determined by "idiots" who got themselves into situations that no rational person would have.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com