More pics:

Down the ramrod channel.

[Linked Image]

Originally, the foreend was as thick top to bottom as the forearm was. I used a 3/8" router bit to make that groove, then inserted the rod/drill bit in the channel.

Some scrap wood was also routed with the same bit, and cut in small pieces and planed down to 5/16". These were inserted into the routed groove on the foreend to hold the rod/bit from moving any direction other than in and out. Progress was slow, as the bit would only make about an inch before chips would fill the bit, requiring a lot of in and out.

After it was drilled, the foreend was trimmed in height to its current view. Still a lot of side material to be removed, but I'm keeping as many square edges as possible till I absolutely need to take it down.

Here's the inletted action, with trigger guard for a view.

The hammer notch will have more removed to fit around the nipple spacer and flash cap.
[Linked Image]

Overall side view of butt and lock:

[Linked Image]

and another:

[Linked Image]

look closely at the butt. Believe it or not, my original blank was only 4" top to bottom (I'm saving the bigger pieces for later), so there is actually gorilla glued splice in the butt, parallel to the barrel.

Can you see it?