Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well I'll break the pattern of sarcasm.. I was born in 1952.... despite all the ups and downs of life, I am surprised I am still here.. in as good of shape as I am...

If the Good Lord would grant me all of my wishes and desires, they would be to serve him, by serving the needs of my fellow Veterans in any capacity I could, especially in a medical environment....

trying to get on board with the VA in a capacity to do so...
definitely not for the money.. but to serve those that served us....

From what I know of you the VA thing is just one more of the many things you do to make this world a better place. If anyone here actually does make it better my vote would be you.

You inspire me.

Gee thanks Scott... that kinda embarrasses me.... wasn't programmed in my house growing up to handle compliments...
somehow that didn't make the syllabus.....

Kinda learned a long time ago on my own... and watching others in their twilight moments... its not what you take with you in this world when your time comes.. it is what you left behind for others...

That is what I consider makes a person rich or not...

God gave me a life... and good, bad or indifferent...I owe him thanks for that life... I am reminded of my best friend growing up, giving his life for his country at 19 years old in Vietnam, several years after his father died over there as a helicopter pilot... or my brother who only lived to be 16....

or the many young men, whose gravestones I have read in military cemeteries all over the country and in Europe, who gave their lives for their nation and fellow citizens way too early....

God has blessed me with 25-30-35-40 more years than many of these young men were given.... why me and not them? only God knows, as it is in his plans...

but it taught me my value in this world, is not what I accomplish or gain... it is what I give to those that serve each of us and our nation...regardless of their age or when they served our country...

I only see this as for me.. but it is the path I have chosen, and it rewards me with personal 'riches', that all the money in the world couldn't buy.. I just hope it makes my creator know the appreciation I have for what he has given me...