We had some misfortune earlier, our boy died on 4/10 from injuries sustained in a motorcycle wreck on 4/4. He fought hard, and looked promising the first couple of days but the trauma to his brain was to extensive. His helmet was found at the scene, but it's a possibility he didn't have it on. We got the call in the late evening and drove all night, thinking he was being kept alive long enough for us to say goodbye. He did stabilize, but never regained consciousness. The last day his temp went berserk and it was decided there was no brain function left. His wife included me in all the decisions, she asked me if she could disconnect him. So Trud & I said our goodbyes, we left his room and not 30 seconds later he was gone. His wife didn't have to follow through on her decision. He did all of us one final beautiful favor. His first child is probably due within the week.

This kid had a rough life, his real dad died when he was 9mos old, from the time he was 3 I was the only dad he knew. His mom died when he was 18. Shortly after that he joined the Marines, did 2 tours of Iraq and got out a Sgt. He then joined the AZ Nat. Guard full time and did 2 more tours. Came back without a scratch. Seems like a lot of these kids need a constant adrenaline rush when they get back.

He was given a military funeral, the flag was presented by a General, there were over 200 Patriot Guard bikers, at least that many folks in uniform, they also had the wrecker he drove in Iraq at the head of the cars. It took 45 min for all the cars to arrive after we got there. They sent him out with a bang.

The American Legion bike club he was the VP of gave us money for the hotel and enough for a nice stone. These guys were unbelievable. So Trud & I wish to give something back to the club, we're thinking of donating a NIB M-70. We are in NV, I'm wondering if we will hit any legal snags delivering it to AZ (Calling Bricktop!).

He didn't get his life insurance switched over to his wife from me, so we're also dealing with how to get this money to her without paying up to 50% tax. If we get this done, our grandchild should never want for anything. His widow is also in the NG.

We had some great times with him, just not enough of 'em.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!