Been thinking about getting one for years, but whenever I saw one in the shop I didn't like the trigger, and figured another $75 or $100 for a trigger job into the price total. I saw it in the case and asked to check it out. It has a trigger on it like a Les Baer, nicely crisp, not a hint of creep. Break weight a hair under four pounds. Highly polished flats, all else nicely bead-blasted, providing a good grip feel. Slide glides snugly and smoothly on the rails. Not a speck of slop in the lock up. Comes with lowered and flared ejection port. Comes with checked cocobolo double-diamond grips, with SA emblem. Very nicely made gun.

A range session showed the sights were dead on, and the gun is accurate. In the 100 rounds of FMJ fired, not a single hiccup (still have to try some carry ammo in it). Price was $699.00. I'm happy.

[Linked Image]

PS Over the years I've come to discover that I prefer the old standard Government Model setup on a 1911, i.e., no bells and whistles, i.e., standard A1 style grip safety (no beavertail), standard thumb safety, etc.. Only thing I wouldn't mind would be a set of Novak sights, with a night sight only on the front, but I can live with these.