If you prefer a light, trim rifle and stock then the 84L is your huckleberry for sho. I had an 84M Montana in 7-08 that I sold in a fit of stupidity, then looked at an 8400 Mt in both 30-06 and 300wsm and did not like the stock fit on me at all compared with the 84M. Waited a long time until the 84L Montanas showed up and had most of the Kimber roulette worked out before buying one. Actuall Whelenaway hooked me up with a deal on one recently in 270 win (I know, I know). Went through it following SASs post and only had to shorten the mag box a tiny bit (probably didn't even need to do that but didn't shoot it first to check). Even the bedding is pretty good so I didn't re bed it...yet. DBC in the bore (first rifle I tried it in) and out to the range it went. Shot both fed blue box 130s and fed fusion 150s into groups just under an inch, no barrel break in, no cleaning, so it definitely shows promise for some handloads when our local range opens back up. To me the 84L is just right. Good feel, slightly better balance to me than my 84M, good trigger, and reasonably accurate. I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

Good luck...and thanks again Whelenaway for the hookup

Craig