Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I didn't say the life was desirable I just said that for most part they were treated better by the old slave masters than by the new slave masters and for many blacks the old system of slavery was better than the new system of slavery based on history. I also said I agree with Bundy's statement based on the context in the article.

As a libertarian/anarchist/pagan I believe in freedom and want everybody to have as much as possible but I also understand that many people prefer a type of slavery to freedom because slavery is security and to some people security is the most important thing in their life.

You made a value judgment as to which way of life was/is more desirable. All I'm saying is, never having been an African slave, you know not what you speak of and your opinion is based on ignorance as far as what it was like to be an African slave. You presume to know what that life was like, otherwise, you couldn't possibly make a value judgment as to its desirability vs anything else.

And your italicized statement above is a pure red herring, since by your own description, both lifestyles are a form of slavery. So what does your status as a libertarian, or your desire that others have as much freedom as possible have to do with it? According to you, it's a choice between two forms of slavery, where does freedom enter the picture?

There is no freedom as long as we have a nation state but that's besides the point. You keep putting words in my mouth so this ends the discussion.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude