RogueHunter: I have a favorite work of art - I often think of it and its initial impression on me.
About 14 years ago I was hired by a private security company to provide armed body guard services for the top two executives of the Washington Mutual Bank.
We worked in teams and had run of the Washington Mutual Tower building there in Seattle, Washington.
Back then Washington Mutual Bank was one of THE strongest and most profitable banks in America.
They had lots of money and had had it for a long time.
They decorated the two executive floors of their building with exceptional and rare works of art - everything from paintings to etchings to bronze statues to blown glass and on and on.
My first day at that assignment I was doing a tour of the premise and admiring the views from the top of that skyscraper with awesome views of Mt. Ranier, Puget Sound, the Cascade Range, the Olympic Range and the city below.
Around a corner and down a hall I turn when I view a stunning black on white image of Abraham Lincoln!
The "painting" was life size being about 2 1/2'x7'!
There stood Abraham Lincoln in humble clothing holding a Bible in one hand and a double bladed axe in the other.
His sad but perfectly depicted face with forlorn eyes was staring directly at me!
I was amazed by the charcoal painting and slowed as I approached to read the artists name on the gold nameplate - Norman Rockwell, it read.
I only worked that assignment maybe fourty days a year for many years but always looked forward to re-admiring that STUNNING and mesmerizing depiction of Abraham Lincoln by Norman Rockwell.
I am such an ignoramus when it comes to art work that I had NO idea that Norman Rockwell even did charcoal paintings (charcoals?) but I often think of that amazing piece of art and who owns it now that Washington Mutual has gone tits up?
I guess Chase/Manhattan owns it now as they bought Washington Mutual out.
Your dogs with cigars is amusing and worth a second look but it can't even hold a candle to that masterful depiction of Abraham Lincoln by Norman Rockwell!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy