Hydra: You could make a case (and they might) that this is a modified sabot) You don't really think that they aren't on top of new products/bullets?? Sorry, but I am not going to take a questionable bullet/powder/gun into the field without knowing if they are legal. Like Smoke, I am guessing they will not allow them due to the plastic sleeve being the rifling contact point. I am unclear if the bullet obturates and engages the rifling or if just the plastic. If just the plastic, it will probably not be allowed. If the bullet itself also enlarges and egages the rifling, them maybe. That said, you would think that the manufacturers of the bullet would be doing some research and visit with states to try and grease the skids for legality.

That said, if legal, I will give them a looksee and consider using them. Also, I don't want to invest considerable time and money into trying them and get them sighted in just to have them declared not legal just before I go. I only hunt with conicals, so before I go with something new like this, I want to know if it will be legal.

Bigb: Tattling?? Every time I think you might have grown up some.........

Last edited by txhunter58; 05/01/14.

Venor ergo sum