Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by boltman
Originally Posted by texken
what would be your dream model..mine would be an F saddle ring-carbine, Monarch or Rival 38-55, someone probably has one and is going to make me sick.

Same thing Ken but add early production - with a barrel band eek These are mythological creatures - very similar to Bigfoot. I have heard of credible sightings. And a sighting I heard of was in a Winchester caliber - I believe .32/40 IIRC.

Other ironies: the catalogs say they exist and if you letter a M1899F with JTC he will say in the letter that early ones (I believe he specifies prior to 1905) have the small barrel band confused

He says that because the catalogs and Murray's say they did. For all I've known, though, he has seen a couple. We know they sure weren't around for 5 years.

Rory - I've seen a lot of 1899F's and never seen one with the small barrel band. The running joke I've had with myself when one is shown to me, and the person also proudly displays their letter of authenticity - I respond, "too bad it doesn't letter - I suppose I could be interested in it as a shooter..." eek blush