Tex: I had an invite to hunt a very exclusive deer lease in Alabama. The camp rules expressly forbade internal combustion engines anywhere past the bunkhouse. They had a fleet of modified golf carts to use. I was impressed with that means of transportation and was able to access anywhere on the lease with no problems whatsoever. There were deep mud holes and I was impressed with the several steep grades we traversed with no issues. The only noise they made was breaking ice in the AM. When I went back to hunting my relative's lease, I was astounded at how far from my stand I could hear the approach of the gas powered ATVs and golf carts.
If I had exclusive control of a lease, no internal combustion engines on the trails would be the first edict I would institute as Emperor. The only two drawbacks I know of are the high cost of batteries and the loss of battery power at lower temperatures. The batteries are a consumable and cost about $100 each. They are 8 volt if I recall and you need 6 or 7 of them. Regarding loss of power at low temps, it was not an issue on the size of lease I was on but if your lease in Texas is large, it may be a consideration in cold temperatures.
A more cost effective solution to Bad Boy is to buy used golf carts and modify them with lift kit, heavy duty controller, ATV tires, rear rack for deer and new battery bank. A windscreen is nice as well as vertical gun holders.
I have added a secondary muffler to my 4 cycle Rokon in an experiment in noise suppression. I removed it because while it slightly quieted the exhaust signature, the running gear (chains, wheels, gears, miter box, etc.) just became more obvious. I have experimented with electric bikes and while they are great transportation for the hunter, they suck for hauling a deer out. The motors do not have enough torque for pulling a deer on a cart behind the bike up any kind of grade.

Last edited by bobmn; 05/24/14.