I can say that if you keep your lease or farm quite all summer and just pryer to hunting season you start driving around with ATV's/UTV's or trucks. It will spook the deer or game.

My grandparents farm was a working farm with all the noises and smells that go with it. My grandfather every year shot a freezer full of deer and some very nice bucks. All from next to a tractor with a old single shot H&R 12ga. no sights with slugs, most under 30 yards shots.

For evening hunts he would take me on the tractor drop me off at my tree stand go the the end of the field turn around and come back. Many times before he got to the end of field going back to the barn there would be deer coming out of the woods to see what was going on with the tractor passing.

For years I combined several hundred acres of corn and soy beans, I've seen many deer just feet away when combining. Sometime getting up moving a little ways and bedding back down.

When conditioned to sounds and noises deer will stay bedded or move a short distance and watch. It's that different noise or smell that will spook the hell out of them, or surprising them trying to sneak up, purposely or accidentally.

If possible I would drive what ever you use as much as possible to condition the animals on your property to the noises. Don't stop if you see animals but keep a slow steady pace. Most of the time they will watch you come and go.

Last edited by coyotewacker; 06/16/14.