Originally Posted by Anaconda
I looked all over town for nanofil, and the only place that had it only had white, and the guy behind the counter didn't recommend it.
The "smoke grey fireline" was invisible in the lake water.
I still have a couple of medium spinning rigs, maybe I'll try nano on one of them, but Fireline is pretty impressive to someone who has been using Stren and Trilene since Nixon was president.

I use the yellow cause I can see it. I just add a 6'-7' length of low viz green mono to the end of the nanofil regardless of water color. It gives you a little shock resistance so you don't rip their mouth. You lose less fish when you do this. It also makes the line more invisable to fish. I tried floro but like mono for leader material better. You can still feel every little peck on your line. A little bit of stretch is a good thing. I tie them together with a modified surgeons knot, no swivel unless im using a lure that causes a lot of line twist like a jigging spoon or inline spinner. Othewise the knot passes right through the guides.

Last edited by seal_billy; 05/26/14.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner