I remember as an older kid at elk scouting camp one year...one of the guys brought his new Browning 1885 to show off. Got to talkin' obnoxious, going on about how accurate his rifle was, and at some point made a comment about my old man's "piece of ch!t ruger 77". Guy kept going on, and offered to shoot groups at 100 yards, the winner to keep both rifles.

Potentially stupid mistake. The old man cloverleafed 130gr nosler partitions out of that old beat up 77 with the 4x leup. After some fuss, and others in the group holding the loudmouth accountable, he gave up the 1885.

The old man made him sweat it out over the weekend, but ended up giving it back.

One of my old man's sayings..."beware the man with one rifle...he probably knows how to shoot it". The old man could make that worn old "piece of ch!t ruger" sing.

Another story the old man used to tell... when he was a kid he was sitting with a group of hunters and an old indian guide "Jim" around the campfire. As it often does, talk went to the "best" caliber and rifles. At some point someone asked old Jim, "Jim, you've hunted and guided your whole life, what do you think?" Jim replied simply with a look and "any gun good, shoot'em good."

Being able to actually shoot your rifle will quiet even the biggest loudmouth.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.