Question, I have never owned a No 1 but have always been interested in them. I've shot ones in 7x57 and 7 RM but never one with a larger bore. I have quite a few rifles in what you would call middle calibers (7-08, 270, 30-06, 270 and 300 WSM) but the rifle loony in me calls me to pick up something a little different and the 9.3x62 seems to fit that bill. I really was wondering what the recoil compares to in the No 1 S? I have no issues shooting my 300 WSM with heavy 180 gr elk loads but it is a. Win EW with a good butt pad on it. If I pick up
The 9.3 I would likely hunt both deer and elk with it, so super heavy loads are not always going to be needed. With the thin hard butt pad on the No 1, is it all a comfortable rifle to shoot off of the bench to practice with or is it more on the "brutal" side with the stock setup? Any comments would be much appreciated. My second choice would be one of the 280A or 257 bob RSI that are coming out this year. Much less loony involved with that decision and probably more practical, but pretty close to the other rifles I have.

Lastly, they seem to be priced in the $1,100 + range. Are they worth paying that much for, as the supply is always limited on them?

Still I really want a No 1, or a 35 whelen bolt ...

Comments??...

Thanks,
Craig